The service industries worldwide are growing rapidly both in terms of the nature of the experiences they are delivering as well as their reach into all areas of national and global economies. Even those industries that might be seen largely as concerned with manufacturing now have a significant service component. This trend, known as servitisation or service intensification, has raised the profile of service design and delivery to an ever-increasing level of importance in all sectors of commerce and society.
Furthermore, there is an increased focus on productivity, profitability, effectiveness, efficiency, transparency, use of resources and sustainability in public as well as in private sector organizations.
The International Program in Service Innovation has been designed to respond to the regional goal of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) 2015 and beyond, and also to the needs of a wide range of public and private service providers. Service innovation and excellence are driving forces in much of the public and private sectors as well as in civil society decision -making. By bringing these three key service providers together, the MSI program ensures that students are exposed to innovative and creative approaches to providing equitable, responsible, effective, productive and satisfactory services in a global environment.
There are a number of reasons for you to join the MSI program including:
- The program constantly strives for excellence in encouraging learning.
- Through the strength of its faculty members and research and consultancy activities the Program has a global and regional perspective e.g. ASEAN, GMS.
- An interdisciplinary and collaborative approach designed to meet the complexities of the 21st century.
- Graduates ready for the changing economic, social and cultural environment.
- A learning environment and structure suitable with those who are working.