Why come to BSI
Service industries are growing at an ever-increasing rate and represent a significant percentage of the total GDP of many countries. In order to take advantage of this growth and to remain competitive, countries and individual enterprises will have to be ever more creative and innovative in order to survive. It is clear that a new way of doing things will be necessary. It cannot any longer be business as usual.
There are no service innovation programs at the Bachelors level in Thailand and in fact in the region. There are a number of hotel management programs in Thailand and the region. Most are based on traditional business models that are quickly becoming outdated as creativity and innovation together with competition grow in many sectors.
The program is designed to prepare its graduates to function effectively in the global environment. It is designed to help students apply skills to current and future problematic issues. The program recognizes that the technology landscape is changing very quickly and will be vastly different than what is currently available. The challenge is to ensure that students have a sound understanding of technology in all its dimensions which will provide them with the ability to constantly adapt to changing forms of technology.
- Provide students with the essentials skills, knowledge and the capacity to become leaders in the accommodation and events sectors
- Create a learning environment that will allow students to develop their thinking and problem solving skills in order to ensure their competitiveness in the global workforce
- Give students a world view of the relevant sectors to ensure that graduates are equally comfortable in Thailand as well as in the rest of the world
- Provide instruction that is world class using leading-edge learning technologies and approaches
- Develop practitioners who are socially, environmentally and culturally aware and that will be able to contribute effectively to the well-being of livelihood of the places in which they operate
- Deliver and constantly adjust a curriculum that is designed to meet industry needs in the future.
Why Join the BA Service Innovation Program
- A results oriented program to ensure that graduates are well-prepared for the constantly changing economic, social and cultural environment that characterizes this new millennium
- Internationally oriented service design and innovation faculty members who are global thought leaders
- An industry led curriculum designed to introduce students to practical and results oriented information and perspectives
- A learning environment designed to provide opportunities for exploring your full potential to become a leader in the world's largest economic sector
- Of relevance to small and medium-sized enterprises as well as large international organizations
The degree will be offered in an innovative manner using the latest learning techniques adapted to the changing needs and expectations of the new learner. Students will be involved in lectures, seminars, group work, the development case studies, participation in real world problems and internships thereby providing them with unique opportunities to ensure that their skills and knowledge are very much in keeping with market demands.
Student Exchange & Internship Opportunities
As you progress with your studies at CITU, there will be scholarship opportunities with other Universities in Europe, the USA and ASEAN under our student exchange program. Thammasat University has a number of agreements with a wide range of Schools and Universities around the world to provide you with excellent opportunities for exploring different ideas, knowledge and cultures while also broadening your personal and professional network.
In addition, CITU offers internship programs with a wide range of organisations including:
- Various Thai government agencies including the Department of Tourism, Tourism Authority of Thailand, the Department of ASEAN, the Ministry of ICT and etc.
- International organisations including the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) and the Mekong Tourism Coordinating Office (MTCO); and
- Private organisations in different service sectors including hotels, airlines, travel agencies, logistics, healthcare, banking and retail.
When You Graduate You Will Be Uniquely Positioned
- To join a range of local and global public and private sector organizations as a leader
- Fully appreciate the major issues and concerns of the industry
- Work with a strategic orientation with an emphasis on leadership, knowledge management, managing organizational change and sustainability
- To solve problems and seek new opportunities with internationally recognized critical design thinking and analysis skills
- To effectively communicate in a global environment
Our graduates have the opportunity to work with a number of local, regional and global organisations including:
- International organisations such as The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA), the Mekong Tourism Coordinating Office (MTCO), UNESCO (and other UN agencies) and the ASEAN Secretariat;
- Private companies and businesses in a variety of service sectors that include hotels, airlines, travel agencies, logistics, healthcare, banking, retail, and telecommunications;
- Manufacturing companies and businesses with a service component; and
- A range of Thai government agencies.